Expert advice and insight on 2016’s trending topics in banking.
The Retail Banking Challenge: Opportunity or Armageddon?
The retail banking system is facing the most challenging financial environment in decades.
– Revenue is under attack from non-bank competition as well as regulators looking to protect financial institution customers
– Low to potentially negative rates create an immense burden to manage
– Traditional delivery systems are embattled, but do the historical cost structures make sense for the future?
This session shows industry data supporting the statements above and facilitates a discussion on potential solutions.
Regulations on the Horizon Affecting Community Banking
This summer, the Dodd-Frank Act turned six years old. Since enactment, nearly 14,000 pages of final regulations and guidance directly related to this financial reform law have been released. Moving forward, is the banking industry poised to see even more regulation, or are there signs of relief on the horizon?
This session explores:
• Burdens facing the banking industry on the horizon
• The ever-broadening range of agencies burdening banks
• Washington led efforts to reduce regulatory burden, including the EGRPRA review
Social Media Guidance and Compliance Update For Community Banks
Social media is a marketing must, but changing rules put banks at risk. Marketing, compliance and risk managers must work in tandem to ensure your social media communications are effective, compliant and secure. This session explores what you need to know to manage risk, adhere to regulations and follow the 2013 Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) social media risk guidance. Listen to learn:
- Which federal regulators examine social media use by banks; it isn’t just the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and Federal Reserve Board of Governors (FRB) anymore.
- How to apply old rules to new media: use of the FDIC logo, Equal Housing Lender (EHL) logo and the “one click rule.”
- Whether social media campaigns can be used for customer relationship analysis.
- What tactics are prohibited, such as lotteries, contests, raffles and prize-linked savings accounts.
The content for this series was created by Denyette DePierro of the American Bankers Association. The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect those of Harland Clarke.
EMV in the USA: Chip Matters More Than Anything Else
Get the latest on the state of EMV migration in the U.S. from Steve Kenneally, vice president of the ABA’s Center for Payments and Cybersecurity Policy in this audio conference. Steve talks about how chip cards impacted issuers, merchants and consumers as usage became more commonplace in the last year, and highlights implications for community banks moving forward.
The content for this series was created by Steve Kenneally from the American Bankers Association. The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect those of Harland Clarke.